Final workshop of the project "Improvement of traditional cheese production in the north of Montenegro" ValueCheese
The final workshop of the project "Improvement of traditional cheese production in the north of Montenegro" CFCU / MNE / 007 will be held on 01.12.2017. starting at 10:30 am in restaurant MB Dvori in Bijelo Polje.
Attached is the Agenda of the workshop. AGENDA
Seminar in BIjelo Polje
Training for milk producers was held in Bijelo Polje and in total 24 participants were present. In the course of this 4-day training, the participants have had the opportunity to receive the information and deepen their knowledge in:
- General Food Safety Requirements in dairy production and processing,
- Overview of the prerequisite programs for food safety (Good Hygiene Practice- GHP and Good Manufacturing Practice- GMP),
- Implementation of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) in the food production facilities,
- HACCP documentation requirements,
- Derogations from the Food Safety standards for small producers and producers of the traditional food products (focus on traditional
- Traditional cheese production technology,
- The importance of creating the producer associations,
- Possible quality labels, - How to make a business plan, valorize the production and apply for different types of subventions.
- Agro tourism – as additional activity to agricultural producers.
On the last day of the training, the group has visited a farm owned by Mr Vucko Pesic, a breeder and traditional cheese producer. The training started with the delivery of the Informative brochure and accompanying material containing the basic information about on farm hygiene, milk hygiene and basic hygiene practices during milk production and processing.
Innovations to smart growth: fostering links between scientific-research community and economy-Promotional event
Ministry of Science and Delegation of European Union in Montenegro, at 11th November 2016, organized promotional event called "Innovations to smart growth: fostering links between scientific-research community and the economy", on the occasion of approved projects under the Grant Scheme " Transfer of knowledge between the higher education, research and industry. "
In his opening remarks, the speakers were Dr. Darko Petrušić, Director General in the Ministry of Science and HE Aivo Orav, Head of EU Delegation in Montenegro, as well as mr Smilja Kažić Vujacic, Head of the Directorate for International Programs and European Integration.
In details were presented to the top three vote projects and the first project was: Improving the process traditional cheese production in northern Montenegro (Acronym: Value Cheese), Faculty of Food Technology, Food Safety and Ecology - University of Donja Gorica, which was presented by Project Manager Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Martinovic.
Within the project "Improvement of traditional cheeses in the north of Montenegro (Acronym: ValueCheese)" EuropeAid / 136938 / ID / ACT / ME financed by the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA), which implement the Faculty of Food Technology, Food Safety and Ecology in cooperation with Regional development agency for Bjelasica, Komovi and Prokletije (RDA) and the company Eko Mont co, from 12nd to 16th December 2016 it were held a set of workshops about legislation in the field of food safety, which is led by Dr Snežana Barjaktarević Labović.
You can find reports and pictures from the workshop below attached.